What’s included in your Foxhangers canal adventure?
Don’t worry! The prices displayed on our website is the overall cost and inclusive of almost everything, with the only additional cost at the checkout if you are bringing dog(s).
What our charges cover
- Self-drive hire of your chosen boat.
- Car parking for the duration of your holiday.
- Moorings for your boat anywhere on the towpath side of the canal.
- A British Marine Federation approved handover and tuition session.
- A detailed Kennet & Avon canal map to help plan your route.
- Telephone support and on-call engineers 7 days a week.
- Buoyancy aids if required.
- Fuel for propulsion, cooking and heating.
- All bedding, bed linen and towels.
You will also love that our Wharf allows you to unload your car right next to your boat, unlike some marinas where you have to carry your belongings along long jetties until you reach the boat.
How the overall cost is made up
- The hire charge is the largest element which is inclusive of VAT @ 20%.
- A small insurance premium called the damage waiver of £65 which is exclusive of VAT.
- A fuel waiver (to cover all propulsion, heating and hot water). This will cost £35 for a short break, £55 for a week, £90 for 10 or 11 days and £110 for two weeks at a reduced VAT rate.
- Dogs are very welcome and cost an additional £30 each per holiday. Find out more here
Onboard you will also find a Nicholson’s Guide, a Boater’s Manual and two sets of waterproofs for your use during your hire.
All our boats have both fixed cabins and make-up beds in the saloon area. The kitchens are all fully equipped and have a full-size domestic oven with four gas hobs and a full size domestic fridge under the counter.
Our Silver Fleet also have microwaves and Darwin’s Fox, the first of our Platinum Class boats has many additional luxurious features. Click on our boats to see a full inventory of equipment supplied.
Please bear in mind that narrowboats are not over spacious and whilst our Boat Building team have maximised storage space as much as possible, it is still limited. We have put together a list of items to help with your packing.
Remember to be prepared for the varying UK weather – it is not unusual to need sun cream, warm clothing and an umbrella in the space of a couple of days! Remember too that non-slip footwear is absolutely essential.