Foxhangers Canal Holidays have been delighting customers since 1997 with our beautiful fleet of narrowboats and exciting holiday adventures.
Based directly on the stunning, historic, Kennet and Avon canal near Devizes, Wiltshire, we now seek a motivated and passionate Boat Builder/Joiner to work as an integral part of the boat building team on our site.
The Boat Builder/ Joiner will need carpentry skills up to cabinet making standard. Reporting to the Boat Building Manager.
Day to day responsibilities will be varied with a focus on building bespoke canal boats largely in a workshop environment but with some waterborne installation work.
The role is mainly carpentry based but will entail an exposure to all trades within the boat building process. No previous experience of boat building is required, and this role would suit someone with kitchen building experience/domestic carpentry. Training and development will be provided to the successful candidate.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITES :
You will have these responsibilities and will need to have the following skills;
- Following drawings and designs
- Wood preparation, sanding back
- Woodworking using hand tools
- Operating light woodwork machinery
- Applying spray lacquer and hand painting varnish to internal wood
Hire Fleet Maintenance
- Routine boat checks on return from hire
- Undertaking repairs between hires
- Refits & general winter maintenance
- Touch-up painting to scrapes on boat exteriors
- Good communication skills
- Cabinet making
- Ability to work under pressure
- Have an eye for detail
- Hard working
- Fit and relatively agile
- A good team player
- Able to work on own initiative and prioritise work
- Willingness to sometimes work outside winter & summer
- Some flexibility in working hours
- Confidence when talking to customers
PREFERRED QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Current Driver’s Licence
- A basic understanding of leisure boating or caravanning industry
- First Aid Certificate (training can be provided)
Job Type: Permanent – 40 hours/week
Salary: £22,000.00 to £28,000.00 /year
- Pension Scheme
- 28 days holiday, including bank holidays (pro rata)
- Free onsite parking
- A beautiful working environment right on the Kennet and Avon Canal
- The chance to be part of a passionate team
If you think this could be the opportunity for you, please complete an application via Indeed.com – Link here