Foxhangers Canal Holidays have been delighting customers since 1997 with our beautiful fleet of narrowboats and exciting holiday adventures.
Based directly on the stunning, historic, Kennet and Avon canal near Devizes, Wiltshire, we now seek motivated and passionate Senior Cleaner to work as an integral part of team on turnaround days.
Reporting to the Housekeeping Supervisor the Senior Cleaner is responsible for making sure that Foxhangers customers enjoy a perfect holiday experience inside their chosen hire boat or holiday home. Working as team with all other Foxhangers staff, they ensure all holidays accommodation is prepared and presented to the arriving customers in optimum condition.
A pro-active hands-on approach is a necessity when it comes to delivering ‘quality assurance’ within the housekeeping department, maintaining these high standards by motivating, organising, co-ordinating and taking ownership of the day-to-day work of staff cleaning the hire boats, mobile homes and other Foxhangers buildings/facilities.
- Provide hands on accommodation cleaning duties for the Foxhangers hire boats, holiday home accommodation and Foxhangers buildings/facilities.
- Support Housekeeping Supervisor with line management and development of existing team members.
- Support with training of new housekeeping team members when they join.
- Report to supervisor issues of a relevant nature concerning the cleaning team or boats which could affect the smooth running of your department or impact on others (e.g., heavily soiled boats or internal damage requiring repair)
- Monitor stocks of cleaning supplies, ensuring adequate stocks are maintained and reordering quantities are reported to the purchasing department.
- Support Housekeeping Supervisor with strategic use of bed linen with tasteful continuity and value utilisation.
- Support Housekeeping Supervisor with maintaining good quality soft furnishing and homeware in all accommodation.
- Provide efficient operation of laundering facilities so that linen is laundered promptly, picked, packaged, and delivered ready for turn-around days.
DAYS: Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays plus 1 day in the week.
HOURS :24 hours per week, 8.30am – 4pm
JOB TYPE: Permanent, Part-time.
SALARY: £12,917 per year
28 days holiday per annum (pro rata).
Free onsite parking.
Pension after qualifying period.
A beautiful working environment right on the Kennet and Avon Canal.
The chance to be part of a passionate team.
Immediate start available for the right candidate.
If you think this could be the opportunity for you, please write to us telling us how your qualifications, skills, and experience make you suited to this position, be sure to mention your earliest availability and whether you would need to work any notice to any current employer. Please also enclose a full employment history CV.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Applications to: email@example.com