Rural Moorings on the Kennet and Avon Canal - Secure and peaceful
Current Moorings Available
AVAILABLE NOW – 23ft by 7ft mooring, middle row of the offline basin £251.33 per quarter.
About our canal moorings
Located at the foot of Caen Hill Locks, near Devizes. Our marina is a 30 minutes drive from Junction 17 of the M4, a couple of hours from Southampton, three hours from London and 9 hours by boat to Bath.
The Foxhangers Moorings are set in amongst farmland with access off the A361 via a long farm track. The moorings are highly sought after because they are very secure and peaceful with parking spaces close by the boats. Devizes town centre and all the usual shops of a small market town just a few minutes drive away and larger supermarkets can be found in Melksham and Trowbridge. For more information on whats nearby visit our interactive map.
The highly sought after moorings at Foxhangers are very secure and peaceful with parking spaces close to your boat. Vehicular access is off the A361 via 3 minute journey down a stone road to the site.The small marina basin has 22 berths and there is only a limited amount of Canalside mooring. All berths have Water and Electric.
The Privilege Canalside Moorings are deemed most suitable for wide beam vessels, the grassed bank edge although piled has a solid wood rubbing board that your boat will rest against. The price is in line with the current market rate for wide-beam moorings, however, any type of canal boat is welcome on these. Regrettably, our marina basin is not appropriate for boats wider than 7 foot.
Amenities in the area
- Servicing, maintenance and engineering available on site
- Fuel available nearby
- Free usage of toilet and shower block at the nearby campsite
- Three Magpies pub – 15 minute walk west at Sells Green
- The George & Dragon renowned gastropub – 30 minute walk north via footpath in nearby fields in Rowde
- The Blackhorse canalside pub -40 minute walk east up Caen Hill Locks
- The Barge Inn canalside pub – 1 hour walk west at Seend Cleeve
- Rowde village Shop – 30 minute walk north via footpath in nearby fields in Rowde
- Comprehensive shopping facilities can be found in the nearby market town of Devizes, whilst Trowbridge, Bath and the M4 are within easy access.
Summary of payment terms
- Payment and notice period is 3 months in advance
- Moorings in marina are charged per berth
- Electricity is charged at cost rate (currently 17p per KW)
- Pre-booked Pump-out available at the Wharf – cost £25.00
- Car Parking available for 2 cars per mooring
- 5% discount for 12 months up-front payment/notice period
- 2.5% discount for payment quarterly by direct debit
- +10% premium for monthly payment/notice period
Our terms and conditions are the standard British Marine Federation TYHA Berthing Agreement.
Mooring terms and guidelines
Download our Moorings Pricelist.
Complete the form below and we will send you a moorings pricelist or call us on 01380 827808 to learn more.